Yes. Any driver applying to obtain an S, P, or H endorsement for the first time is required to complete the ELDT.
5. I was issued a Knowledge Test Authorization (KTA) prior to February 7, 2022, but did not successfully complete my knowledge testing until on or after February 7, 2022. Am I required to comply with the ELDT requirements?
Yes. Drivers who did not successfully pass required core knowledge testing must comply with ELDT requirements.
6. Will I be permitted to take a skills test or hazardous materials knowledge test if I have not complied with the ELDT requirements?
Driver License Center staff will verify that an entry-level driver has completed the required training before allowing the driver to proceed with testing.
7. What is the Training Provider Registry (TPR)?
The TPR is a system created and managed by FMCSA. The system will list all ELDT providers that are approved by FMCSA and allow ELDT providers to submit ELDT completion information to the TPR. The completion information maintained on the TPR serves as the proof that the entry-level driver applicant has completed the required ELDT.
8. Who can provide Entry Level Driver Training?
Only training providers listed on the TPR can provide ELDT.
9. Can I complete my training at an approved provider out of state?
Yes. If the training provider is on the TPR.
10. How can I confirm that my training provider is on the TPR?
For the most updated list of training providers on the TPR, visit the FMCSA's ELDT web page.
11. How can an entity become eligible to be listed on the TPR?
Return to Frequently Asked Questions
To be eligible for listing on the TPR, an entity must apply to and be approved by the FMCSA. Training providers must also comply with all applicable state requirements.