Many of PennDOT’s driver license and photo license centers have reopened. They will follow restrictions on work and social interaction set by Governor Tom Wolf and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. We also are offering special hours for customers 60 and older from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
As our locations reopen, services will be in high demand. Customers should expect longer than normal waits. PennDOT staff will work with each customer when they arrive to plan their visit. Greeters will screen documents and provide information for a smooth and safe transaction as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
As our centers reopen, they will offer limited services. Please find your service in the table below to see how we can best assist you. Then use the location map to find a driver license or photo license center near you.
Where to Get It Done |
|Get a new driver license or ID ||Driver license center |
|Transfer out-of-state license ||Driver license center |
|Renew existing driver license or ID ||Online and Online Messengers|
|Duplicate driver license or ID ||Online and Online Messengers|
|Get my picture taken ||Photo license center (must have camera card) |
|Get a REAL ID ||Driver license center or if you are pre-verified, you may
apply for a REAL ID online. |
CDL transactions, including renewals, replacements, knowledge testing, Medical Examiner's Certificates, date of proof transactions, Hazardous Material Recertifications, and related transactions. CDL knowledge testing must be started before 2 p.m.
|Driver license center |
|Take a road test (must be scheduled in advance)||Driver license center or PennDOT authorized Third Party testing location|
|Schedule a road test ||
Online or call 717-412-5300 |
|Medical-related testing ||Driver license center |
|Non-U.S. Citizen transaction processing ||Driver license center |
|Renew vehicle registration ||
Online, at the Harrisburg Riverfront Office Center, or through an authorized agent|
|Request driver history ||
Online and Online Messengers|
|Change my address ||Online and Online Messengers|
|Pay driver license or registration restoration fee ||Online and Online Messengers|
|Request driver license or registration restoration letter ||Online and Online Messengers|
|Other license restoration services ||Driver license center |
|Get a vehicle title||Harrisburg Riverfront Office Center or through an authorized agent|
|Motorcycle Safety Training ||Online |
Locations not listed above will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to communicate any reopening and changes with the public.
Find PennDOT authorized messengers, agent services and PennDOT authorized Third Party skills testers available near you using our online service. PennDOT recommends calling these messengers and agents to plan your visit with them.
Safety Protocols at Reopened Locations
In all reopened centers, the following COVID-19 safety protocols are in place:
- Customers will be required to wear masks while in the facility, but must remove them for any photo services;
- Seating will be reduced at all Driver License Centers to make social distancing easier to maintain six feet distances between each seat;
- The number of customers will be limited to correspond with available counter stations and available seating in the customer waiting area only;
- Admittance to the facility will be limited to only the customer requiring service, unless assistance is needed by an accompanying person;
- Plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed at each counter to protect customers and employees;
- Cleaning protocols have been enhanced to sanitize facilities on an ongoing basis; and
- Markings on floors have been added to assist with social distancing along with signage to communicate special instructions to customers.
PennDOT will continue to evaluate these processes and will continue to reopen other locations as soon as safely possible.
PennDOT has implemented a variety of operational changes in response to COVID-19.