Begin Main Content Area

Replacing Your Photo ID

A Pennsylvania duplicate Photo Identification Card is issued when the current product is lost, stolen, mutilated, or never received. 

If PennDOT has your photo and signature on file, you can apply for a duplicate photo ID card online. After you have completed your application, please allow 10 days for your duplicate to be processed and mailed.

Mail-in Process:

Step 1: 

Complete Form DL-54B (PDF), "Photo Identification Card Application to Change/Correct/Replace/Renew".

Step 2: 

Make a check or money order payable to PennDOT for the appropriate fee.

Step 3: 

Mail application and check or money order to: PennDOT, P.O. Box 68272, Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272.

Step 4: 

If your picture is on file, you will receive a duplicate Photo ID card with your current picture. If no picture is on file, a camera card will be mailed to the address on file with PennDOT. If you receive a camera card; you must appear at a photo center to obtain a Photo ID card.

You may go to a Driver License Center and apply for a duplicate Photo ID card by using the DL-54B (PDF) form.