SPECIAL ORGANIZATION PLATE PROGRAM
The Special Organization Plate Program allows approved organizations to advocate their interests, charge a fee above the PennDOT fee and provides for a distinctive registration plate.
NOTE: For the current issuance fee for a special organization plate, please refer to Form MV-70S, “The Bureau of Motor Vehicles Schedule of Fees.”
Special Organization registration plates are manufactured in our standard plate colors - blue, white, and yellow. The organization's name appears across the bottom of the plate and "Pennsylvania" is printed across the top of the plate. The 3" x 3" canvas area on the left side of the plate displays the organization's emblem or logo using graphic printing that offers color and intricacy of detail.
Special organization registration plates are currently available for passenger cars and trucks with a registered gross weight of 14,000 pounds or less, trailers and motorhomes. Special organization plates are not available for motorcycles.
To qualify for the Special Organization Plate Program, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit organization;
- Have as one of its primary purposes, services to the community, which results in a contribution to the welfare of others;
- Be based, headquartered, have a chapter or licensed in Pennsylvania;
- Not be offensive in purpose, nature, activity or name, as determined by PennDOT;
- Guarantee a minimum of applications (negotiable) before any plate will be produced.
Learn more about what Pennsylvania’s Special Organization Plate Program (PDF) is and what the benefits are to being involved in the program.
If your organization would like to be a part of the Special Organization Plate Program, please contact the Special Organization Plate Program Coordinator by email at SpecialOrganizationPlateProgram@pa.gov for a complete program packet.