OCCUPATIONAL LIMITED LICENSES
An Occupational Limited License (OLL)(PDF) is a Class C (Non-commercial Driver's License) or Motorcycle Limited Driver's License issued to a driver whose Pennsylvania driving privilege has been, or will be, suspended. An OLL authorizes you to drive a designated motor vehicle, under certain conditions, when it is necessary for the driver's occupation, work, trade, medical treatment or study.
If your driving privilege has been revoked, disqualified, cancelled or recalled, you are not eligible for an OLL. If you have never been licensed by Pennsylvania or any other state, or have been issued an OLL in the last 5 years you are also ineligible to apply.
Before applying be sure your other restoration requirements have been met and considered satisfied. Your restoration requirements letter should only list term suspension(s) (your Requirements letter will notify you if it is not a term suspension) and in some cases proof of financial responsibility, learners permit requirement and Ignition Interlock requirement. Any outstanding Restoration Fees, citations, cancellations, ACT 151/122,etc must be satisfied before your petition can be processed. You can request your restoration requirements letter online.
Depending on your violations you may have to obtain an Ignition Interlock (II) Occupational Limited License (OLL). For more information on Ignition Interlock requirements you can reference our Ignition Interlock Section.
To request a duplicate or change (such as an address or name change) to your OLL information the DL-80OP (PDF) form should be filled out. In addition, a DL-15A (PDF) should be printed and updated with the new information. The DL-15A (PDF) should be kept with your most recent OLL License once updated.
To apply for an OLL:
- You must complete Form DL-15 (PDF) Occupational Limited License Petition. Follow the instructions on the petition.
- Send it, along with the appropriate fee, to the address listed on the form. Be sure to keep the DL-15A (PDF) portion with your OLL once received.
- PennDOT will evaluate the petition and determine your eligibility by reviewing the violations on your driving record.
- If you do not qualify for an OLL, you will be sent a letter denying your application.
- If you qualify for an OLL, you will be sent an OLL camera card, which you will need to take to the nearest Photo License Center to have your photo taken and receive your OLL.